1) Why did you start your fitness journey?
I wanted to build my confidence up and wanted to be able to push myself out of my comfort level.
2) How old are you?
I am 27 years old.
3) What is your profession?
I am a Los Angeles County Sheriff Deputy.
4) What is your favorite thing about working out at CrossFit Pledge?
My favorite thing about CrossFit Pledge is the people I workout with. They are great motivators, always cheering you on, which makes you want to be better.
5) What are you able to do now that you were not able to do prior to joining CrossFit Pledge?
Pull-ups were always a goal for me and thanks to Pledge, I am able to do strict pull-ups.
6) How has your new acquired fitness level helped you outside of the gym?
My new acquired fitness level actually helped me in my career. I am 4’11” Thanks to CrossFit Pledge I am as fast, strong and athletic as any other person in my profession. So my small size doesn’t hold me back.
7) In your own words, what’s the difference between a regular “global gym” and CrossFit Pledge?
It’s just better. You make friends there. You get to workout with like minded people so you are able to keep yourself accountable on your goals. The coaches are always helping you out. If you need help on a certain goal or help with your nutrition the coaches will make a side program for you.
8) Thus far, what achievement(s) are you most proud of?
Thanks to CrossFit Pledge I was able to lose 25lbs. And I have been able to keep it off. My fitness level has surpassed my expectations and I can’t wait to continue seeing my progress.
9) Is CrossFit as scary as people make it out to be?
I thought it was, but as soon as you walked in, everyone starts smiling, saying hi, asking you if you need any help. Then when you start classes the coaches are very good at paying attention to detail, meaning they will work with your pace. As long as you show up and give effort you will have fun.
10) What is your favorite cheat food?
OMG, I love hot Cheetos, pizza, wings and Fettuccine Alfredo.